Monday, September 12, 2011

I Seriously Love Leftovers

I'm a big fan of cooking way too much food than I need. It's great. You cook once and have food for the week. Brilliant. After dinner last night, we had practically a whole leftover tri-tip (we are also huge fans of tri-tip... see my previous post about our household tradition of Tri-Tip Tuesday). Here's what I did with it.

The leftover:



We layered sliced meat, grilled onions and brie on a sub roll and popped it in the panini press. Chris added some Philippe's hot mustard to his.


Seriously, does this need a caption?


Then, I put the remaining in a container with some salad greens and some cooled grilled onions. I'll bring it to work with me for my lunch tomorrow and shake up with some balsamic vinaigrette.

And maybe a scrap accidentally fell on the floor to appease this precious face...

What's your favorite leftover re-recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment