Friday, May 13, 2011

Back from the Bayou!


Did you think that I up and left and forgot all about you? Well, I did skip town for a much needed vacation but certainly didn't forget about you. Here's who I hung out with while I was gone:


Ok, so it's not a person, it's a dish of creme brulée with a powdered sugar fleur de lis decoration on top... but it was worth the trip. While I ate my way through New Orleans this week (see photo above, don't be fooled by the two bites taken from the brulée. That baby ended up polished off. Of course, I had help so please refrain from judging me, thanks), not only did I come home with about 5 extra pounds that I didn't have before, but I also brain-filed away plenty of yummy recipes to try and ideas for how to add a bit of the South to our home style. 

One of the amazing restaurants we visited was Commander's Palace. Not only was it phenomenal, but I commented to the waitress that I loved the pepper jelly that came with their Shrimp and Tasso Henican and she gave me the recipe for it- Score! You can guarantee I'll be making it this week, in addition to busting out the pickled okra by brother made me that's been chilling in a mason jar in the fridge since Christmas. My to-do list is growing by the minute and I promise to document my adventures :)

On another note, in case that dessert photo above didn't make you salivate, perhaps this bread pudding pic will to the trick:


For what it's worth, I did finish the bread pudding on my own. (Credit goes to Commander's Palace for both of the fabulous desserts featured in this post.) 

Stay tuned, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment