Sunday, May 8, 2011

Salvation Army Side Table: Part Deux

I did some painting today. As you should remember from my previous post about my thrift store side table find, I wanted to transform the table into something that fits more with our style and quite simply, with a little bit of elbow grease, some sandpaper, two cans of spray paint, a little bit of hope and a dash of creativity I turned that petit table into a little bit of wonderful.

First I sanded because it had a super glossy finish. Once it was sanded down, I primed it with some white spray paint:

I picked Holiday Red for its new color which is vibrant and fun- perfect to add some life to our chocolate brown and earth tone living room...


Here is the table post-painting:


And here is the finished product with all of the accoutrements:


Not bad, huh? Going along with my new infatuation with red, I found this fun candle at Targét on sale for $6. It smells lovely and adds a pop of color to my bedroom dresser. Don't you love it?


The great thing about adding some vibrant colored accents throughout your home is that you don't have to commit to them. If I love red this week and hate it the next, not a big deal... I'll swap them out or buy another color of spray paint and change it up!

1 comment: